This recipe is perfect for breakfast when you're out ice fishing. It's easy to make, needs minimal ingredients, and will warm you up even on the coldest of days. Not to mention that its savory and sweet flavors are pretty delicious. Despite the name, you don't even need a campfire to cook it. It'll heat up just as well over your Glacier Ice House's range.
CAMPFIRE FRENCH TOAST
- 1 loaf of bread of choice
- 1 carton of French Toast egg mix
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 container of fresh strawberries
- Confectioner's sugar
- Syrup of choice
- Wash strawberries, dice half of the container and slice the other half.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in parchment paper, then in foil loosely so the bread slices fall slightly open.
- Sprinkle the diced strawberries over the loaf, taking care to sprinkle some between slices; set aside the sliced strawberries for afterwards.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds in the same way as the diced strawberries over the loaf.
- Wrap the foil and parchment paper tighter around the loaf of bread. Pour 1 carton of French Toast egg mix evenly over the entire loaf of bread before wrapping tightly with a top piece of foil to ensure no leaks.
- Place over the campfire or grill on low to medium heat for approximately 35-40 minutes, moving around occasionally to cook evenly. If the bread looks soggy still, cook slightly longer.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 mins before serving with sugar, syrup and sliced strawberries.
Visit a Glacier Ice House Dealer Near You
Glacier Ice Houses are available at many dealerships across the country, with locations that include Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and New York. Find your nearest Glacier Ice House dealer and tour one of our models today. Enjoy the comfort, convenience, and coziness of a home on the ice.